Yesterday was my *ahem* 28th birthday. Unlike most years, this one was pretty uneventful....
I worked all day, and nobody knew it was my birthday. Then I came home for about 40 minutes to eat, and headed out to french class. But there were bright spots in my day that made me feel special! Darryl and the kids gave me beautiful cards before I headed out the door. I got a new telephoto lens on Mothers Day which was also my bday gift, which I am absolutely loving! But that is another blog :P
I received many birthday wishes on facebook throughout the day and evening which meant a lot to me. I had received a great card the day before with some nice eye candy on the front ;D My mom left a message on the phone for me. The four kids next door gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and sang me Happy Birthday. When I came home, I found Darryl had baked me a cake....wow! For him, that is something big, so I was very touched. I had just enough time to blow out the candles before the babysitter arrived and I left for french. When I got to french class, I was surprised with cupcakes by one of the young girls in the class who knew it was my birthday.
not a bad day I guess, but all the messages from home sure made me wish I was there....
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, I thought you would get a kick out of the card. Wish you were here so we could watch the next movie together ;(
I can't believe Darryl made you a cake, that's so sweet. Jason's has never made me a cake.
We had a very busy day here as well, with Jason's birthday. I will try to skype with you soon. xo
Post a Comment