Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Double Digits

 
It finally happened!  Both my babies are in the double digits now :(  This past Sunday Logan turned 10...ugghhh!  I know I've said it before (and will again lol), but where does the time go?!  With each passing day, he makes me prouder and prouder.  He continues to amaze me with his sensitivity, thoughtfullness and loving spirit.  And he makes me laugh!  Nothing makes my heart melt quicker than those sweet dimples :)
To celebrate his birthday, we did an overnight in Edmonton.  We did a bit of shopping, ate chinese food in our hotel room, and enjoyed the pool.  Well, the kids swam, I stayed in the room to wrap and hide his gifts ;P
The next morning, he had to hunt for his presents.  It didn't take him long to find them and tear into them....
He was excited to receive Star Wars lego especially!  Even Cailyn was given a spontaneous, powerful hug ;)  After we checked out of the hotel, we spent some more time shopping before heading to lunch.  We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's.  They LOVE it there!  He even had a cake delivered by the mouse himself :)
After that, it was off to West Ed to check out the Sea Lions show.  As always, it was lots of fun.  Cailyn got pulled up as a volunteer and they both got their picture taken with a python named Malfoy.  Logan got a birthday kiss from Pablo, and Cailyn met Kelpie :)  We all enjoyed visiting with the penguins, sting rays and sharks, as well as the three giant turtles.  A quick stop at Booster Juice and Cinnabon and we were ready for home. 
It was a great time and Logan enjoyed every moment.  As a mom, being able to give him back some of the happiness he gives to me, is precious.  I hope he always knows much I love him!  I love him...to the moon and back!  Happy Birthday Dude xoxo

1 comment:

mvm said...

It's scary how fast time goes! It sounds like he had a great 10th birthday. You could spend days going to West Edmonton Mall and still not get it all done.
Happy Birthday Logan. xo