Why do eagles like to go to church? (Logan came up with this one while we were waiting for the eagles to come eat!)
Answer: Because they are birds of Pray (prey), lol!



A couple weekends ago, while Cailyn was at dance class, Logan and I decided to head out to Sheffield Mills to check out the eagles. For those who don't know, we get a lot of eagles in the area every year because farmers throw out chickens to the dozens of waiting raptors. It is quite an amazing site to see such large birds soaring over your head! I took a LOT of photos!!
These are just some of them....but they don't capture just how large these guys are :) The wing span is just awesome.
Answer: Because they are birds of Pray (prey), lol!


A couple weekends ago, while Cailyn was at dance class, Logan and I decided to head out to Sheffield Mills to check out the eagles. For those who don't know, we get a lot of eagles in the area every year because farmers throw out chickens to the dozens of waiting raptors. It is quite an amazing site to see such large birds soaring over your head! I took a LOT of photos!!
These are just some of them....but they don't capture just how large these guys are :) The wing span is just awesome.
2 comments:
Logan is such a smart boy, love the joke!! I didn't know about the eagles in the area. You are always finding new things to do, you should work for tourism Nova Scotia.
Logan loves his joke book!
The eagles come every January and stay til early to mid March, before heading up to Cape Breton.
Apparently some farmer started it about 30years ago, throwing out dead livestock and chickens. Word got around and it has become a huge thing. I think this is the seventh year though that a festival has been made out of it. There are art exhibits and pancake breakfasts as well.
Post a Comment