After being away for a couple years, we finally made it back to Nfld. It didn't feel like any time at all had passed. Pool's Cove was still the same quiet, picturesque little community it has always been. The kids had been looking forward to this trip for a very long time. Logan was quite anxious to get the fishing rod his Poppy had for him. As soon as they saw the sign welcoming them to the town, they let out squeals of excitement! Two long days of travelling were finally over...yay!
On my second day there, I messed up my knee and ended up not doing most of what I had imagined I'd be doing. There were some places I wanted to see, some trails I wanted to check out. Guess God thought I needed to take a break! I ended up sitting down most of the trip. Managed to get out a couple times for very short walks or a car ride, but that was it. Kids had a blast though! They got to play with their cousins, go for a lot of boat rides, go fishing, swimming in the brook....and even learned how to drag scallops :)
It was good to be back, and so hard to leave. I see the tears in my mother-in-law's eyes when we are hugging her goodbye. My heart breaks for her everytime....
Kids are already planning their trip back next year of course :P
They got a taste of freedom and carefree days that can only come when you live in a tiny place like Pool's Cove.
Something strange for a girl born in the city....
1 comment:
I am happy you had good weather on your trip because like visiting CB you just never know. It's hard being so far away from grandparents but I'm sure the kids came away with some wonderful memories.
xo
Post a Comment