Well, different is probably how I would best describe our Christmas this year. Our normally full social holiday calendar was pretty much empty this year. Being together is ultimately the most important thing, and we had that luckily. The kids were excited about the arrival of Santa Claus, and their happy smiles when they awoke is what made our day special. But I would be lying if I said it was a great day. Truth be told, we miss our family. We miss our friends. Having nobody to celebrate with made for a very quiet holiday. On a good note, after a two hour tutorial with my mother-in-law, I got her up and going on Skype. For the first time in over a year and half, the kids were able to see their poppy. Their nan had come for a visit just before we moved but it was a hectic one. So it was great to see them and be able to chat. Gotta love technology ;)
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Christmas 2010
Well, different is probably how I would best describe our Christmas this year. Our normally full social holiday calendar was pretty much empty this year. Being together is ultimately the most important thing, and we had that luckily. The kids were excited about the arrival of Santa Claus, and their happy smiles when they awoke is what made our day special. But I would be lying if I said it was a great day. Truth be told, we miss our family. We miss our friends. Having nobody to celebrate with made for a very quiet holiday. On a good note, after a two hour tutorial with my mother-in-law, I got her up and going on Skype. For the first time in over a year and half, the kids were able to see their poppy. Their nan had come for a visit just before we moved but it was a hectic one. So it was great to see them and be able to chat. Gotta love technology ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your Christmas reminds me of our Christmas in Toronto, it was very quiet as well. I remember wanting to go around Christmas night and see the Christmas lights....well, it was a great disappointment because TO is so multi-cultural that we hardly got to see any lights. It will get easier and skype helps. Happy New Year!!
PS: We miss the Poole Family
I forgot to blog it, but talking to you on Skype was really one of the best parts of our holidays :D
We miss the Major family too, so much...
Happy New Years with love
xo
Post a Comment