So this is the time of year that we reflect on what we are thankful for....
Hmmmm, there is so much! There are moments where I feel like life kind of sucks, but when I look at the big picture, I realize I am wrong.
Life is tough but it is also pretty awesome :) I have a husband who works hard for his family, is kind and gentle, faithful, loves being a dad. I have two beautiful kids, who with God's blessing, are healthy and happy and bright. I live in probably the best country in the world. I have a roof over my head, etc, etc, etc.
I think I am most thankful however, for all the small things. I am thankful for the hugs and kisses of my children, the feel of their little hands in mine, or their heads resting on my shoulder while we cuddle on the couch. I am thankful for days spent out in the sunshine, enjoying all that God has created for us. I am thankful for the cold, wet nosed prodding from my dog telling me it is time to get up! I am thankful for the crashing of waves onto the shore, the colors of a beautiful sunrise or sunset, the feel of the wind on my face on a hot day. I am very blessed to have some amazing people in my life! They may not all live close by but the memories I have of our times together, the laughs and secrets shared, remind me of all that I have.
so with that, I wish everyone a lifetime of love and blessings, and enough happiness to carry you through the rough spots....
3 comments:
We are so lucky. Its a nice time to reflect on what we have. I am thankful we have a faith that promotes being thankful and also that we have a whole weekend dedicated to be thankful!
We are all so blessed and lead such rich, fulfilling lives but at the core is our beautiful families. SO much to be thankful for indeed...
Beautiful Post Trina, Happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment