They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, that it can speak volumes. As pretty as this picture is though, it doesn't say everything. How can you show in a photo all that is going on at that very moment? Darryl and I went for a walk in the provincial park today. The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly. Such a beautiful day. What the picture doesn't show is the sound of the spring birds chirping in the trees, or the frolicking of the squirrels in the pines. You can't feel the warmth of the sun, so wonderful after so many months of frigid cold temperatures. Or hear the dripping of icicles off the trees. Being there today gave me hope that spring is just around the corner, I could almost feel the woods coming back to life. And with each step, each gentle breeze, I could feel something in me awakening too......
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Hope
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, that it can speak volumes. As pretty as this picture is though, it doesn't say everything. How can you show in a photo all that is going on at that very moment? Darryl and I went for a walk in the provincial park today. The sky was blue and the sun was shining brightly. Such a beautiful day. What the picture doesn't show is the sound of the spring birds chirping in the trees, or the frolicking of the squirrels in the pines. You can't feel the warmth of the sun, so wonderful after so many months of frigid cold temperatures. Or hear the dripping of icicles off the trees. Being there today gave me hope that spring is just around the corner, I could almost feel the woods coming back to life. And with each step, each gentle breeze, I could feel something in me awakening too......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nothing like a bright sunshiny day to put a little pep in your step :D
Post a Comment