Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Our second Easter in Alberta! Last year I had just started a new job.  Didn't know many people.  It was pretty quiet but we DID get to see a giant egg and had supper with some new friends. This year was even better.  Having a four day weekend was soooo nice!  Thursday night we went to church to celebrate the Last Supper.  Friday was quiet and we attended mass again in the afternoon.  That evening we just hung out and watched Easter videos. (Saturday I went shopping in Edmonton with a friend from work, but that's another blog, lol).  Sunday morning before church was spent hunting for eggs.  The kids felt that last year's scavenger hunt was too easy and wanted more of a challenge, so the Easter Bunny stepped it up.  No more bright plastic eggs to hide.  Just tiny, foil wrapped eggs that were so easily hidden :)  101 eggs were hidden throughout the house.  After more than two hours of searching, 95 were found.  Enough to satisfy the bunny into giving the big presents out :)  Purdy's Bunny bags, kinder eggs, new clothes and the movie Hop....
For supper, we were invited to the Arnt's.  We were treated to a delicious ham dinner with all kinds of goodies.  Even better was the company!  We all went to bed that night happy and stuffed.  Second year in a row that I didn't have to cook, lol :D

1 comment:

mvm said...

I never get that lucky, I always have to cook. Happy Easter Poole family.