Monday, May 14, 2012

S'more Fun Times

So Spring seems to have arrived (fingers crossed) here in Alberta.  With the warm weather comes road trips, concerts and time outdoors.  Personally, my favorite thing about spring/summer here are the campfires we have as often as possible.  Luckily for us, the park here has a great day-use area!  We can enjoy the campfire while the kids play nearby at the playground.  We can see them from our campchairs, which makes us feel better considering the amount of wildlife roaming around ;)
Last weekend, we enjoyed our first cookout in 6 months.  It was Sadie's first ever and the weather was perfect, a great way to end the weekend.  And of course, the s'mores were the icing on the cake...strawberry marshmallows are yuMMy!!

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Can't wait for the s'mores.. I need some kids to come visit so I have an excuse to make some!!

mvm said...

I never heard of strawberry marshmallows, sounds yummy. I'm glad things are going well out West.