I love to hear the songs of the birds in our yard! Throughout the year, we have a number of feathered friends who visit our yard. Our feeder is placed in perfect view of our livingroom window so we can enjoy these little guys without disturbing them.
Jays are a common sight, as well as sparrows, all year round. Winter seems to bring out the chickadees. And most recently, some other little birds. I think they may be baby Juncos but I need to do some more research! Maybe you would know Donna?!
I love watching the little grey birds tidy up the ground around the feeder, while the chickadees take turns coming down for a mouthful of seed before zipping back to the tree. (Apparently chickadees have a definite pecking order. They only go one at a time normally to the food. If someone cuts into line ahead of the other, a fight will ensue.)
In all the craziness of life, it is nice to have something to take your mind off your troubles, if only for a few minutes. Birds remind me to stop and appreciate the small things.....the joy of a song, the feel of the breeze in your hair, the company of friends. And our cat appreciates them too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment