Monday, March 8, 2010

Karen Norman Funskate

waiting his turn


finally! on the ice...almost time now :)

show time...go Superstars!


silver medal team!

Logan and a friend showing off their new medals


As most people are aware, Logan is doing CanSkate now. He is enjoying it and seems to have taken to it easily. Yesterday, he participated in a mini competition that the club holds each year. He didn't sign up for most of the events he was eligible for. Actually, he only signed up for one :P
He did the team event, which involved doing some elements under the direction of a few judges. He was on a team with a 3 year old cutie pie and a 8-9ish aged girl. They were called the Superstars. The fact that it was a competition didn't seem to faze Logan in the least. He skated just like he would had he been in class! It must have been good for the judges though because his team got the silver! Yay!
I was pleasantly surprised because I thought the teams just got participation medals. Logan said afterwards that he hoped he would get at least a silver, so maybe he knew more about what was going on then I thought, lol!


It was also nice to see some friends and schoolmates there as well, and celebrate their successes with them. I hope the next time he has this opportunity, that he'll have a bit more confidence in himself to do more events. I have a feeling he would be happy with the results....

3 comments:

cpm said...

Great pics! The little boy in the pic with Logan is Gregory! He goes to our school and is quite a funny little character!
Congrats Logan! You really CANskate!!! lol!

mvm said...

Congrats Logan, looks like you enjoyed yourself. A silver is fantastic, next will be the Olympics!!!

tdp said...

Chantal, we know Gregory :) His mom helps me with Brownies. And I worked in his big brother's class years ago when I was at KDS.
Love your jokes, you're so pun-ny! :P
Logan says thanks to you both for the nice comments.