and wondering what's in store for us!
As many people are starting to hear, there is a very good chance that we are being posted this summer. After 11 years of living in the Valley, we could very well be moving clear across the country to Cold Lake, Alberta.
Hmmmm.....how do I feel?! Nervous, sad, scared, excited?
Yep, all of em! I am nervous about the usual things: the costs, job prospects, meeting new people, etc. Will I make new friends? Will the kids?! Will we like it?
Part of me is sad, I've made some really good friends here! I know that technology is great, but it just isn't the same as popping by someone's house for tea after work, or getting together on special occasions. I am going to miss some really awesome people. The thought of leaving the East Coast, where I have lived all my life, is a bit scary and overwhelming. It is hard to imagine not being able to take a drive to the shore, or go to Keji on sunny days like today. Places I am so used to seeing will no longer be just a short drive away.
But I am also excited...and I kind of feel bad for being excited when we're all going to have to say bye to people we care about. But I am. The thought of seeing a different part of our beautiful country is something I look forward to. Lots more adventures and sights!
I just don't know if I'm ready for it yet :)
Maybe next year would be easier.....
1 comment:
We will miss you and your family if you get posted. This year or next year, wouldn't make it any easier. You would still have to face all the same things, but we would get one more year with you and your family :)
I don't want you to go but I'm being selfish. Hopefully you find out soon so you can stop wondering. xo
Post a Comment