
Today was a nice day for not just Darryl, but the rest of us :) It started off with breakfast in bed (prepared completely by the kids) and lots of gifts that they had spent a great deal of time putting together.

Logan wrote a really sweet note about why he loves his daddy. And I love Cailyn's picture of Darryl on the book she made him...he is wearing his red plaid shirt (that I would love to burn) that he wears around the house a lot!

After church and lunch, and more gifts from me, we drove to Annapolis Royal, the backroad way so he could play with his GPS of course. We spent a couple hours exploring the nooks and crannies of Fort Anne before going for supper at the Holmstead Family Restaurant in Granville. (not a bad little place, the food is hand made and cooked right there. Nice ma and pa kind of place).
Sunday is always one of my favorite days because it is usually family day for us. I know, even when he is driving me nuts, that I have truly been blessed to have this wonderful guy in my life. As a daddy, there is nobody better than him. His kids love him for so many reasons. His calm, patient personality has captured their hearts right from the beginning, not to mention his weird jokes and silly tricks ;P
1 comment:
Sounds like a lovely Father's Day! You had a great day for it too, love the picture of Darryl and the kids.
Post a Comment