The next step for both will be Reconciliation, which will not happen here unfortunately. But I hope that they will always remember fondly, the church where they first started out in life. I for one am sad to be leaving this parish! Although Father Tim is not the first priest we have seen here, he is definitely my favorite. We've been here long enough to see many families come and then go. This is the church where Cailyn and Logan were blessed with Holy water for the first time, the church where they took their first steps....so many feelings and emotions! Excitement and pride when they were old enough to finally let go of our hands and go to Children's Liturgy (of course, it helped because I knew the fabulous Donna Peters was going to be there with them). A real sense of belonging and community every time I pass through the doors. Tears of sadness when news of fellow parishioners passings were announced, or the death of another brave soldier. Happy tears when witnessing the baptisms or confirmations of young people, knowing that more people were accepting God into their lives. A sense of completeness when I see Cailyn serving at the alter. And feelings of melancholy, knowing that my babies are growing up so fast :(
1 comment:
Congratulations Logan, a very special day for all of you.
Post a Comment