Monday, November 29, 2010

Favorite Things


Today I received a special parcel in the mail from a very special person. She told me she was sending me something that is "better than a Christmas card". Well, I got a beautiful handmade card, and the "something better". And she was right! I love my Yuletide!
Nothing says Christmas and East Coast to me, more than my Yuletide. It is filled with stories, recipes, craft ideas and more. I buy one every year, but moving across the country meant giving up yet another thing I love. When I thumb through the pages, planning which recipes to make and crying over the humorous and touching stories, it really brings you to the reason for the season.
Some of my favorie things include the smell of cookies baking, special people and times together, small town traditions and sights....Memories of all these things come rushing back when I pick up my copy of Yuletide.
It is one of the best gifts I could have asked for this holiday season!
So thank you Donna, with all my heart, your gift means so much more than I can even put into words....
xo

2 comments:

mvm said...

I have never read this...is that bad? LOL, I think I've heard of it but now I may have to look for my own copy. I'm always looking for good recipes. Nice that you have something from home :-)

tdp said...

No, it's not bad...but now that you know about it, you do have to read it, lol!
It was the perfect gift to receive.....