From time to time, Cailyn asks to have a sleepover with me. We had all kinds of them when we were travelling across the country of course but it had been a while since we had a real one. So we decided that this weekend would be a great opportunity. We looked forward to it all week and were both happy when Friday finally arrived.
We started off watching Annie, a movie Cailyn has seen but wanted to watch again. We both enjoyed it very much, and sang and laughed along with it....in between cheetos and chips of course!
After the movie was done, we took a brief intermission to cleanse and exfoliate and hydrate. We put almond oil face masks on each other and soaked our feet in a grapefruit oil bath. We watched Hoodwinked and did each other's nails, and munched some more.
We were having so much fun, and enjoying each other's company, that when we looked at the time, we were shocked to discover it was almost 11:30! So we shut off the tv, turned out the lights and snuggled in for the night. But not before one quick game of Monopoly on my iphone, lol :P
I know the time is coming when she will be too old to hang out with her mother so times like these I treasure. I hope that when she looks back on her childhood, she will remember the good times....I know I will :)
3 comments:
What a sweet idea, girl time! I love it and may have to do this with Sophie sometime. You are such a good mommy Trina, I'm sure Cailyn will always want to make time for you even when she's older.
What an awesome idea! I'm totally going to steal it! LOL!
What a great Mom you are! Cailyn is a lucky girl!
*blush* thanks :D
Post a Comment