Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Books Galore!


So, we love books! We are all proud to call ourselves bookworms :) Our children are not overly spoiled, for the most part....except when it comes to books! Scholastic is one of our best friends. The kids have always loved books, and excel at reading. So we are constantly bringing books into the house, trying to challenge them and keep them interested. Darryl and I also love to read, and we have an overabundance of reading materials ourselves.
Well, as much as we love books, they start to take up a lot of space after a while. We donated boxes and boxes before we left NS, but weren't ready to give them all up just yet. Logan is still at that stage where he reads chapter books but isn't quite ready to give up the short story books either. So we have hung on to the "little kid" books and brought them across the country with us. The past few days I have been going through all our books, deciding what to keep. We all have our favorites, those books that were read over and over and over again, until the covers fell off and the pages were worn. Those are keepers! But there are so many that the kids have read maybe once and never went back to. Gone are the days of Magic School Bus and Magic Tree House. We have moved on to Harry Potter and Allie Finkel, Captain Underpants and Nancy Drew. The picture above is just a small portion of what I have to drop off at the thrift shop, I already have a couple bags in the trunk of the car :) I hope that whoever gets them next, gets as much pleasure from them as we did....

2 comments:

mvm said...

I always feel a little sad getting rid of their book, and I keep a few more for me then the kids....I still have a few special books from when I was a kid. I'm sire they will go to a good home.

tdp said...

yeah, I think some of the books I kept were more for me too, lol. Hard to let go when you have read it so many times....