We often go for walks at the local provincial park. We are well aware that there are many wild critters living here with us! But sometimes, those wild animals get a bit too comfortable with being around humans. Such is the case here I guess. Today, when the kids and I went for a walk, we found a new sign up at the campground area. A few weeks ago, one of my co-workers was camping here. She was woken up by a noise outside her trailer. When she opened her eyes, she was staring into the eyes of a brown bear! He was sitting on the picnic table, peering into the window of her camper...eek! Just the other day, she was talking about going back, sure that the bear had moved on by now....hmmmm.....guess not!
For this same reason, we are choosing NOT to do any camping in our tent this summer, lol. Unless it is in a fairly bear-free area. Surely one of those place exists here....
1 comment:
Scary, I would never camp again. Not that I do a lot of it now, lol. I would have to agree with you about not camping in your tent. I hope you find a good, safe place to go camping...maybe a hotel. Heehee.
Post a Comment