Sunday, January 1, 2012
Christmas 2011
Like last year, our Christmas this year was pretty quiet. For the first time in over 12 years, I actually worked over the holidays. Working in the school system spoils you in that sense ;) I worked right up until Friday. We were given Monday and Tuesday off though so I guess I can't complain....Saturday, we went for a walk at the Provincial Park. It was peaceful and calming, a nice diversion from the hustle and bustle going on in town. After a supper of appetizers and cider, we went to mass. Our neighbors came with us, which was nice. When mass was over, we all came back to our house for more food and drinks. The kids enjoyed getting to hang out with their friends and the adult company was nice as well.
After they left, around 10:30, the kids checked NORAD. They panicked a bit when they realized Santa had already touched down in Saskatchewan! They quickly went outside to sprinkle the reindeer food and laid out milk and cookies. They were not very long falling asleep ;D. Unfortunately, I still had a ton of gifts to wrap so I didn't get that pleasure....
Needless to say, I was exhausted when I finally finished at 2:15! The kids woke us up at 7. As nice as it would have been to stay in bed, we couldn't. When Sadie wakes up, she wants out of her kennel. So up we got :P
The kids were excited with all their gifts. Between Santa and I, we did very well ;). I was very happy to get my ipad2, and Darryl was even more excited about his Star Wars blue-ray collection! The day was spent relaxing/napping and playing with our new toys. We had a yummy supper which Darryl actually cooked. We tried not to focus too much on how we wished we could be back in the Maritimes with family and friends! Maybe next year....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can't come next year we won't be here ;)
Sounds like Santa was good to everyone. It was nice to be able to skype with you on Christmas and on your new iPad.
Post a Comment