
In the next couple of months, we will be embarking on what is definitely going to be our biggest adventure yet!
After 11 years of living here in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, we are setting sail for Alberta. We knew that there would be a posting eventually, we couldn't stay here forever. Over the last couple of years, there have been murmurs and whispers of it coming, but "not this year". So naturally, when Darryl came home from a meeting with the career manager back in January, I was surprised when he said he was "very, very high on the list to most probably be posted"! We had never heard that one before :P
Then a short time later, he was told probably not.......
well, we all know how much that means! Within a few weeks of being told "not this year", he came home with a screening message :) Not for Yellowknife, not for Ontario, not for Winnipeg (thank goodness!), but for Alberta.....hmmmm.....ok, didn't see that one coming!
We did the screening, did the interviews, etc. We knew we looked good to go. The thought of leaving was suddenly becoming very real, very fast! Not quite sure how we felt, we decided to just keep an open mind. Darryl passed his paperwork in and waited for news.
It seemed like it took forever since this all began. Each day Darryl came home with no news was one more day of stress and waiting. The kids were beginning to ask questions, and the emotions were starting to emerge. I was getting frustrated and Darryl was stressed as well, even though he would probably never admit it, lol! I think the longer it took, the more we began to think, maybe it isn't going to happen. Again, mixed emotions. Frustration that we would have gone through all this for nothing, but relief we would have another year with our friends.
Just as I thought I was going to pull out my hair, the message came in....
So here we are, now looking at our last couple of months on the East Coast.....wow....
Still not sure about everything, so many emotions. I am excited that I will get to see other parts of Canada. The pictures I've seen of Alberta are incredible! All the things we will see on the way. I am happy that I will get to see some really great friends who I haven't seen in a very long time as we pass through the provinces. I am nervous about starting a new job, making a new circle of friends, the difference in the cost of living, etc. I am trying not to worry about leaving my mom behind. I am sad that Cailyn will have to say bye to her Kitty Crew, her very tight circle of friends. I will miss her family of dancers that she has been with for so many years, travelling to competitions and making so many incredible memories together. And my own friends! Don't even get me started!! I am filling up with tears right now just thinking about it. I had to say bye to a couple friends four years ago and I still miss them so much. It sucks! I know that we'll keep in touch, etc....blah blah blah. But that only makes me feel a bit better :(
I am going to be a mess by the time July comes!
But I truly believe in my heart that change can be a good thing, so I am open to whatever comes our way. And if I don't like it, well, it won't be forever :D
4 comments:
Keep positive, change is a good thing and you will all make a new circle of friends and keep the old ones. We will miss you all so very much, you have been a good friend and a great support to me and my family over the last few years. I know we will keep in touch and see each other again. Hugs and here's to a new chapter in your life.
I am trying to be positive, and I do ok, as long as I don't think too long about saying bye to the people I care about, lol!
I will miss you too, and I am so thankful that you guys came back and we got another year with you. Looking forward to seeing where life takes all of us :)
xo
Alberta Bound! So exciting for you and your family! You will bring sunshine and happiness wherever you are Trina! All the best to you on your new family adventure! We will all miss you and hope to see you lots before July!
awww, you're very kind Chantal :D
We will definitely miss you guys too....so you need to make sure you keep yourself up to date with your blog, lol!
I hope our paths will cross again someday xo
Post a Comment