Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Many More Choices!

In no particular order, the kids and I talked about all of our favorite things to see and do around NS. I already blogged some of our top favorites but there are more!

Five Islands Provincial Park in Parrsboro-beautiful campground! When the tide is out, you can walk on the flats for a loooonnnnnngggg way. Old stomping grounds of Glooscap and his forest friends. Beautiful warm water, red mud, gorgeous scenery. Go clamdigging in the morning and have a clambake for supper. Close to Fundy Geological Museum (rocks and dinosaur bones) and about an hour away from Joggins Fossil Cliffs. You can walk around on the beach and a guide will actually show you real fossils. You can spend hours exploring and treasure hunting on your own, you can easily spend the whole day there.

Sheffied Mills Eagle Watch-I have blogged a couple times about it. Requires patience and warm clothes, but is so worth the wait when they finally come out of the trees for breakfast!

Lawrencetown Exhibition-we LOVE going there every summer. I highly recommend buying the pass for the week. There is so much to see and do, for young and old. And there are always great concerts to finish it off at the end of the week. One of the things I love most about the Valley!

NS Museum of Natural History-in Halifax, near the hospital. Usually have some kind of main exhibit. They've been undergoing renovations so we haven't been there yet this year. In the past, they've done Dinosaurs, Bugs, Sharks, etc. There is lots to look at, and there are usually some kid friendly activities to do. Gus the tortoise, who is now over 100 years old, is still there to greet museum visitors. I've been going there since I was a kid and I still enjoy it whenever I go back :)

Cape Breton-love it! Feels like I'm going home everytime :)

The town of Bridgewater-the Wile Carding Mill Museum, the Desbrisay Museum, Rissers Beach, Sand Dollar Beach, the Lahave Bakery....hard to pick just one thing we love about this place :)

No comments: