Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Number (ahem) 27!


Ok, so maybe not 27, but easier to think than 37, lol! It is crazy to think I've been out of highschool for 19 years. To me, 37 sounds old, but I know it isn't. I just don't know where the years have gone. I think I really started living and experiencing life when I met Darryl. My childhood wasn't the happiest, and highschool was ok, but things really started to roll in '93.
My life since then has been quite the rollercoaster of highs and lows. But I wouldn't trade it for anything! I know I've been blessed abundantly in many ways, even though I might not always recognize or acknowledge it ;)
Today was a great day and a lot of people made me feel pretty special. The messages started yesterday on facebook and continued to snowball into today. At Brownies last night, my girls sang to me. My friend Kerrie gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and some Lindor chocolates. This morning at school, someone announced my birthday on the PA system so I got about 200 "Happy Birthday Mrs.Poole!"s. One of my co-workers brought me a London Fog from Tans (so yummy) and a warm homemade cinnamon bun (double yummy), plus a gift card. When I popped by my son's class for a minute, the teacher stopped reading her novel and had the kids sing Happy Birthday to me. A couple of the girls had done some beautiful artwork for me too....hand made gifts from kids are the best!

My afternoon was spent in the company of some of my very favorite people. Mary made me lunch and we enjoyed some great adult conversation. She bought me a book that I am going to start reading as soon as I am done blogging, and chocolate (ummmmm.....hazelnut!). She took us out for ice cream too. She totally spoiled me! Thanks Mary xo
You sure know how to make someone feel special :)
This evening we had a nice supper out, and birthday cheesecake. Darryl gave me a car adapter for my iphone-cool! Now I can blast my tunes in the car even louder :D
Years from now, when I am reflecting back on special memories of my time in the Valley, this will be one of the things that comes to mind.

No comments: