After leaving Drumheller, we headed south to Fort MacLeod, home of the first ever Buffalo Jamboree. The lineup consisted of local talent, as well as some big headliners. After listening to some great up and coming musicians, Terri Clark finished off the night (at least for us, we didn't stay for Jaydee Bixby :P). I have been a big fan of her music since the early 90's so I was really happy to finally get to see her live. And she did not disappoint! She put on a fantastic show.....
We also got to see One More Girl. I had heard them last fall at Fanfest and was quite impressed by these talented young ladies. They just keep getting better all the time! They rocked the stage. Cailyn got to meet them after their performance and have her picture taken with them. Logan however,would not get in the photo. I think the pretty girls intimidated him....bet he wouldn't say no in a few more years :P He did meet Mantracker though, and was excited to get his water bottle autographed.
and for the third time, I got to see Gord Bamford. I saw him at Ridgefest in the Annapolis Valley before leaving NS. Then again at Fanfest in Edmonton. I am actually not a big fan of him, but he does put on a great show, and I do love his music. Well I was up walking around, someone from his entourage stopped and asked Cailyn if she would like to go up on stage when he sings "My Daughter's Father". The guy told her she would have to sing the last verse, so understandably she said no way! Even the mention of getting an autographed guitar from him wasn't enough to change her mind. Can't say I blame her! The girl they ended up picking didn't sing though, so I think Cailyn was kind of kicking herself for a while. Maybe next time....
and the absolute best part of the whole weekend?! Definitely George Canyon!! We were lucky enough to hear him a couple years ago when he did a free concert in Greenwood for military families. He was awesome then, and so darn likeable. He is a favorite for sure in our household. As always, he put on an incredible show. he put a lot of time into signing autographs for people lucky enough to be up at the stage. He is a funny, genuine, really good guy. I think I could watch him every night! He talked about being an honorary colonel in Greenwood, and how special the military is to him. He sang "I Want You to Live", which he hadn't done at his Christmas concert (he wanted to keep it happy). I had goosebumps listening to him. It was the perfect way to end the weekend, although I think I could have stayed all night. Looking forward to seeing him again in a few weeks :)
1 comment:
You know how I feel about country music, lol. However, it is very cool that you got to see George. xo
Post a Comment