Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 7-Drumheller

Friday morning we headed to Drumheller.  We were running out of time because the
zoo trip the day before had taken longer than we anticipated.  We still had to drive to Fort MacLeod  for
the country music weekend !  We stopped at the beautiful Horseshoe Canyon on our way.  It was breathtaking! There were trails but we only had time for pics and souvenir shopping.  We bought dino bits and pieces, and some fossilized squid :P

 
We then continued on to the town of Dumheller, just minutes away.  We saw dinosaurs everywhere!  And we climbed into the mouth of a giant T-Rex....very exciting :D 
Unfortunately we ran out of time and couldn't explore the hoodoos, which was very disappointing. 
I guess we will just have to go back!

1 comment:

mvm said...

I remember Logan talking about Drumheller, before you guys left here. I'm happy he got to go and getting to climb in the mouth of a T-Rex and not get eaten, how cool is that?!? lol