Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cold Lake Provincial Park

beautiful frosty fall morning
these guys are everywhere! this guy came right over to our car, lol

the leaves have been changing since August, eek!


boat launch in the park, very pretty :)
Well, it is definitely not Keji, lol. But we are learning to like it even still. As anyone who has ever seen my photos knows, I spend a lot of time at Keji, especially this time of year. So leaving NS meant that I would be leaving my beloved park. Luckily for us, Alberta has no shortage of parks! We have explored a few of them over the past couple of weeks and are finding them to be quite nice. Definitely a bit more wild though, bear tracks on the beach....claw marks on trees....a sign that things are definitely different :)
I do like that Cold Lake Provincial Park is only a ten minute drive, unlike the 75 minute one to Keji. There are several parks within an hour or two drive from us, and fortunately the weather has actually been cooperating lately! And it is even more fun when we can drive back and forth between Alberta and Saskatchewan in 20 minutes, like we did today....that post will follow :P

1 comment:

mvm said...

It's not Keji but beautiful and a nice place to explore. I'm happy you are getting out and finding new places to love.