The idea was that luxury sports cars would have the chance to drive on the runway, reaching speeds of up to 350km/hour! For a donation of $1500, the car owners would get private instruction with professional drivers and some other perks. On Friday, they had their lessons and test drives, plus there was a street festival where you could check out all the cars up close. Saturday, the day we went, they had the chance to test out what they had learned. It was pretty awesome to see all those cars! And boy did they fly! I don't think anyone we saw drove under 260.
The highlight of the day though was definitely watching one of our F-18's race against these sports cars. It raced an Endo Ferrari, which is apparently the fastest car in the world, or one of them :P. It was really exciting to watch it live and I think I surprised myself at how much I enjoyed it!
Of course, the jet smoked the cars in all the races, but the Endo gave it a good run.
I think it was the first time for this event, but considering the thousands of people who came to watch and the fact that 82 people and their cars paid to do it, I don't think it will be the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment