Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cold Lake






It still seems so hard to believe but here we are! The boxes are almost completely unpacked, the kids have started school, and we are starting to settle in....but somehow it still feels like this is just a weird vacation or something. It is a beautiful base and we've met some nice people, but we aren't ready to call it home yet :(
The past few weeks have been so hectic that we have had lots to distract us. But now, it is sinking in that we are going to be staying. The trip across the country was a great adventure and we were able to see so many things that we had only read about in books. I've always wanted to see the rest of the country so I am thankful for that, but I sure do miss our friends!
We will make this work of course but right now it sucks....
We may be in Alberta but our hearts are still in Nova Scotia!

1 comment:

mvm said...

It will take some time getting use to being in Alberta. I found you need to put in a good 6 months before it feels like home. Hopefully it doesn't take you guys that long. We miss you here and it feels like you are on vacation and coming back soon. I'm happy the kids like school, that will make things easier for everyone.

*HUGS*