Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Day 2-Jasper
Since I found out we were moving to Alberta, I have been looking forward to the day I would finally get to see the Rockies...Jasper, Banff, etc. Last Sunday morning, that day finally arrived. We set out from Edmonton bright and early, with the sun shining and the warm breeze inviting us to enjoy the day. As we got closer to Jasper, the weather got wetter and gloomier. There was lightning and fog. By the time we finally arrived at the park gates, we could see the mountains. Even though they were surrounded by clouds and fog, their size and beauty were unmistakable! We were able to check into our cabins early which was nice. We had a short rest and got settled in. Despite the dampness and clouds, we decided to make the most of our time and go out and explore. We checked out Maligne Canyon for a bit then headed into Jasper to check out the town. We picked up some supper then headed back to eat. After supper, the kids enjoyed a swim in the outdoor pool. Dusk was quickly approaching so we decided to go for a short drive, hoping to see some wildlife. We saw several elk and a mama bear with her cubs...wow! I couldn't get their pictures but I will definitely remember it in my mind for a very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back and see your photos.
Post a Comment